- Born in 1927 in Port Saeed, Egypt.
- Obtained his BA in 1949.
- Attained his Masters and PhD degrees from Ain Shams University in 1952 and 1956 respectively.
- In 1962, he was appointed as an Assistant Professor in Ain Shams University and was promoted to Professor in 1970.
- He was Editor-in-Chief of ‘Al Fikr Al Mouaser’ and ‘Turath Al Insaniya’ magazines, 1968-1971.
- He was appointed as Head of the Philosophy Dept. at the Faculty of Arts, Ain Shams University, 1968-1971.
- He was a Lecturer at Kuwait University 1974, and headed its Philosophy Department in 1978.
Decision of the General Secretariat :
Dr. Fuad Zacharia is considered a prominent figure in the the field of contemporary Arab thought, and is known for his prolific writings and noteworthy work in the promotion of scientific and philosophical thought. His accurate translations of a large number of books are testimony to his ability in this field. The publications he contributed about icons of Western thought have filled many gaps in modern Arab thought. In addition, his critical arguments have greatly influenced Arab intellectual trends. He represents contemporary Arab thought with all its dialectics, sophistication and preoccupation with modern concerns and national issues. He possesses great eloquence and logic in his field and his intellectual efforts are promising.
- State Encouragement Award in 1964 for ‘Spinoza’
- Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences Award for Best Translated Book, ‘Wisdom of the West’ by Bertrand Russell, 1982.
- French Association of Education’s Award
Famous Works :
- ‘Nietzsche’, 1956.
- ‘Nathariyyat Al Ma’rifa Wal Mawqif Al Tabee’I Lil Insan’ (Theory of Knowledge and the Natural State of Man), 1962.
- ‘Spinoza’, 1962.
- ‘Aara’ Naqdiyya Fee Mushkilat Al Fikr Wal Thaqafa’ (Critical Opinions on Issues of Thought and Culture), 1975.
- ‘Al Tafkeer Al Ilmi, Silsilat Aalam Al Ma’rifa’ (Scientific Thinking: World of Knowledge Book Series), Kuwait- 1978.
- ‘Khitab Ila Al Aql Al Arabi’ (Addressing the Arab Mind), 1978.
- ‘Kam Umr Al Ghadab? Haikal Wa Azmat Al Aql Al Arabi’ (How Old is Anger? The Structure and Crisis of the Arab Mind), Kuwait- 1983.
- ‘Al Haqiqa wal Wahm fil Haraka Al Islamiyya Al Mu’asira’ (Facts and Illusions of the Contemporary Islamic Movement), 1986.
- ‘Al Sahwa Al Islamiyya Fee Meezan Al Aql’ (Logical Evaluation of the Islamic Awakening), 1987.
- ‘Aafaq Al Afalsafa’ (The Horizons of Philosophy), 1988.
- ‘Al Thaqafa Al Arabiyya Wa Azmat Al Khaleej’ (Arab Culture and the Gulf Crisis), 1991.
- ‘Logic and the Philosophy of Science by Paul Mouy’ ( 2 Volumes), 1962.
- ‘A Hundred Years of English Philosophy’, 1963.
- ‘Reason and Revolution by Herbert Marcuse’, 1970.
- ‘The Social History of Art by Arnold Hauser’ (2 volumes), 1973.
- ‘The Republic by Plato’, 1974.
- ‘Types and Problems of Philosophy by Hunter Mead’, 1975.
He passed away on Friday, March 13th, 2010