In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
“Read! In the name of thy Lord who created; [He] created man out of a clot of blood. Read, and thy Lord is the Most Bountiful, He Who taught by the pen, taught man that which he knew not.”
True are the words of Almighty God
With the aim of spending in the way of Allah and seeking His thawab (reward), and for the purpose of serving Arab thought and culture as well as supporting literary and scholarly life in the Arab world- as I firmly believe that promoting culture and science is the real key to achieving Arab unity and the advancement of humanity- I, Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais, a citizen of the United Arab Emirates and taking pride in my beloved homeland and nation, hereby wish to allocate funds to achieve and support this aim by establishing a private cultural foundation to serve this purpose. And in order to ensure that the allocated funds are employed in the best way possible and that the established entity has proper legal status I hereby declare that the Foundation is established as per the following terms mentioned in this document:
The following funds of mine shall be allocated to constitute the capital of Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation:
National Bank of Dubai Shares
- Certificate No. 2066
- Number & Serials of Shares: 10,000 Shares (Ten Thousand Shares from No. 1469382 to No. 1749381)
Etisalat Corporation Shares
|Certificate No.||No. of Shares||Certificate No.||No. of Shares|
|Total||8,000 Shares (Eight Thousand Shares)|
USA Federal Treasury Bond
Coupon No. 850
Maturity Date 15/2/2020
Nominal Value US $ 2,750,000
These funds will all be used as the capital of a private foundation called the Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation.
The capital of the Foundation shall be used for the following objectives:
- Funding the Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Award, which shall be granted to outstanding Arab scientists, authors once every two years.
- Supporting and promoting various activities that may help the Foundation in achieving the aforementioned objectives.
The Foundation shall have its seat and main office in Dubai.
The Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation shall be governed and supervised by a Board of Trustees, which shall initially consist of the following members:
- Omran Bin Salim Al Owais
- Taryam Omran Taryam
- Abdul Ghaffar Ghloom Hussein
- Mohammad Khalifa Bin Hadher
- Dr. Khalifa Bakheet Alfalasi
- Abdul Rahman Bin Mohammad Al Owais
- Dr. Anwar Mohammad Gargash
- Dr. Mohammad Abdullah Al Mutawa
- Dr. Sulaiman Mousa Al Jassim
- Abdul Hamid Ahmad
- Nassir Hussein Al Aboudi
The Foundation and its activities shall be governed and regulated according to the following rules which constitute the by-laws.