- He was born in 1940 in Lebanon.
- He holds a Ph.D. in Constitutional Law with the highest honors (1969).
- He obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in Constitutional Law in 1966.
- He graduated with a BA in Political Economics in 1961 and obtained a BA in Civil and Commercial Law in 1962.
- He graduated from the Faculty of Political Sciences in 1961.
- He is a lecturer at many international institutes and universities.
- He worked as an Economist at the Lebanese Ministry of Planning, Beirut (1963-1964).
- He was appointed as a Monetary and Financial Expert by the Ministry of Finance, Beirut (1964-1968)
- He continued his professional career in the banking sector in Lebanon, France and Algeria until 1985.
- From 1985 to 1998, G. Corm was based in Paris as an independent Economic and Financial Consultant for International institutions like the World Bank, ESCWA, FAO, AFD, the European Commission and Arab and Lebanese institutions, as well as for private companies and banks. He has worked for these institutions in more than 15 countries.
- From December 1998 to October 2000, he served as Minister of Finance of the Lebanese Republic.
- In 2001 he resumed his teaching career and his consulting work in Beirut, where he worked with various UN institutions and private and public sector organizations.
- He is a member of many Arab and international academic societies and organizations.
- He authored numerous studies and articles on economic, social and political affairs in Arab and international scholarly journals.
- He received many awards including :
– Lebanon’s National Order of Cedar (Commander) in 2007
– Liber Press Award, Spain (2008)
– Honored by Antoine University, Lebanon.
– Honored by the Cultural Movement in Antelias as one of the leading cultural figures in Lebanon and the Arab World (2013).
– Honored by the Syndicate of Lawyers, Barcelona (2015)
– Economic Policy and Planning in Lebanon (in French), 1965
– Religious Pluralism and Governance, 1977
– rab Economy Facing the Challenge, 1977
– Economic Dependency: Debt Crisis in Third World Countries from a Historical Perspective, 1980
– Studies in the Arab Cultural and Developmental Crisis, 1981
– Explosion of the Arab Mashriq: From the Nationalization of the Suez Canal to the Invasion of Lebanon, 1987.
– Europe and the Arab Mashriq: From Balkanization to Lebanization, 1990
– The Future of Lebanon in the Region, 1990.
– Rebuilding Beirut: Wasted Opportunities, 1992
– Metamorphosis (a novel in French about the Lebanese War), 1992
– Conflicts and Identities in the Middle East (1919-1991)
– Arab-European Economic and Financial Relations (1960-1987), 1994
– The New International Economic Chaos, 1994
– East and West: the Legendary Chasm, 2002
– Contemporary Lebanon: History and Society
– Religion in the 21st Century, 2006
– The History of the Middle East from Ancient Times until Today, 2010
– The History of Europe and Building the Myth of the West, 2011
– Ruling the New World, 2013
– Thought and Politics in the Arab World, Limitations and Problems, 2015
– The New Question of the Orient, 2017
Contact number: 9611-365697 ، 9611-370130
E-mail: [email protected]