- Name: Mohamed Hisham D’jait
- Also known as: Hisham D’jait. Biography: Born in 1935, Tunis.
- Attended Al Sadikia Primary School in Tunis, 1940-1954.
- Higher education in Paris, House for High School Teachers, and Sorbonne, from where he graduated with a degree in History in 1962.
- State Doctorate in History and Humanities, University of Paris, 1981.
- Studied at the Faculty of Sharia and Fundamentals of Islam, 1962-1967; the Faculty of Literature, University of Tunis; Sorbonne, Paris; and then joined the French National Center for Research Paris 1976-1996: The House also studied Normale Supérieure, and the Faculty of Human Sciences of the Islamic history.
- Invited as a visiting professor to several universities and institutions, Berkley University, California, 1974, McGill University, Canada, 1977, College de France, 1988, Social Sciences Graduate School, Paris, 1981, the University of Naples Italy, 1993.
- Member of the International Scientific Institute for the General History of Africa from 1975, UNESCO.
- Member of the European Academy of Sciences, Literature and Arts (Salzburg). Attended several multi-cultural conferences in the Arab world, Europe and the United States.
Most Prominent Awards:
1) Tunisian National Humanities Award 1989.
Most Prominent Work:
- Al Fitna.
- L’Europe et l’Islam (Europe and Islam)
- The Crisis of Islamic culture.
- The Revelation, The Koran and The Prophet 6- La personnalité et le devenir arabo-islamique (Arab Islamic Identity and Arab Destiny/Future).
Address: Telefax: 2161775520 18 Nahej Al Muheet Al Atlasi, Western Port, 2076-Tunisia.