- Born in Dubai in 1959.
- Studied at Al Ahmadiya School and later at Gamal Abdel Nasser High school in Dubai.
- Earned his BA and MA in Political Sciences from George Washington University, the United States (in 1981 and 1984 respectively).
- Received a Ph.D. in Political Sciences from Cambridge University, the United Kingdom (1990).
Positions Held :
- Member of the Cabinet of the United Arab Emirates and Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
- Chairman of the National Elections Committee (overseed elections in 2006, 2011 and 2015).
- Chairman of the National Committee to Combat Human Trafficking.
- Head of UAE team for the Human Rights Periodic Review.
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Emirates Diplomatic Academy.
- Taught at the United Arab Emirates University from 1990-1995.
- Worked as Managing Editor of the Strategic Studies publication (published in English and Arabic) by the Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR).
- Board member of Emirates Media Inc. since its establishment.
- Board Member of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 1997, and a member of the Chamber’s Executive Office and Head of its Economic Affairs Committee.
Awards and Accolades :
- Was granted the Arab Social Media Influencers Award for the politics category in 2016 by His Highness Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
- Received the Global Leadership Award from New York Abu Dhabi University in 2018.
He has contributed articles to various Arab and English newspapers.