- Born in 1947 in Kelibia, Tunisia.
- BA degree in Philosophy and Classical Literature (1965).
- Degree in Arabic Language and Literature (1968).
- Certificate of Proficiency in Research Science, Tunisia (1970).
- Degree in Arabic Language and Literature, Tunisia (1972).
- Ph.D. in the Arts (1980).
- Professor at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, University of Manouba.
- Professor at French Universities (Paris III, Paris VIII, Leon II)
- Professor at the International Institute of Linguists (Tunisia, Damascus, Rabat)
- Head of the Research Unit of Linguistic Analysis, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, University of Manouba.
- Specialist in Rhetoric, Literary Theories and Discourse Analysis.
- Participated in numerous national and international symposiums on criticism, literary theory and rhetoric.
- Participated in the International Conference on Current Issues of Arabic Literature (1997).
- Participated in the Arabic Linguistics Conference (1978), the first event of its kind to be held in the Arab World.
- Chaired the Committee of the first Tunisian Conference for Arab Poets.
- Worked with the French National Center for Research Science (CNRS) and the University of Leon to prepare for the “Questions of Rhetoric in Arab Culture” event (2002 & 2004).
- Head of State Award in Tabriz Exam (1972)
- Head of State Award for Degree Exam (1986)
- State Award in Humanities (1994)
- Order of Merit in Education.
- Custodian of the two Holy Mosques Translation Award (2010)
- Translation Award of the Arab League Educational, Cultural and Scientific Organization ALECSO (Averroes- Senghor).
- ‘Arab Rhetorical Thought: Its Principles and Evolution up to the 6th Century Hijri’, (1981, 1994).
- ‘Loja Wal Qafa: The Relationship between Heritage and Modernity’, 1979.
- ‘On Arab Literary Theory”, 1999.
- ‘The Aesthetics of Literary Discourse: Theoretical Issues’, (2000).
- ‘The Aesthetics of Literary Discourse: Practical Issues’, (2000).
- ‘Farce Rhetoric and the Question of Literary Genres’, (2002).
- ‘Victory Rhetoric in Ancient Arabic Criticism’, (2005)
- ‘Poetic and Linguistic Theory in Arabic Heritage through Texts’ (Joint authorship), (1978).
- Authored many publications in French.
Contact number: 0021622539819