- Educational Background
- D. Economics, University of London, 1964.
- MA Economics, University of London, 1961.
- Diploma in Economics, Faculty of Law, Cairo University, 1956.
- Diploma of Public Law, Faculty of Law, Cairo University, 1957.
- Bachelor of Law, Faculty of Law, Cairo University, 1995. Positions Held
- Professor of Economics at the American University in Cairo in 1979.
- Visiting Economics Professor at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Economic Advisor, Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development.
- Assistant Professor of Economics, Faculty of Law, Ain Shams University.
- Economics Teacher, Faculty of Law, Ain Shams University.
- Delegate of the Fatwa and Legislation Department of the State Council of Egypt.
Awards and honors:
won several awards in Egypt and from various countries in the Arab world.
- The Principles of Economic Analysis
- The National Economy; An Introduction to the Study of Critical Theory Marxism, A Critique of Marxisim
- The Arab Orient and the West; A Study of the Role of External Influences On the Development of the Economic System and Arab-Arab Economic Relations
- The Plight of the Economy and Culture in Egypt
- Development or Economic and Cultural Dependancy? Common Myths of Underdevelopment and of Development and Prosperity.
- The Economy, Politics and Society During the Economic Openness Era
- Egyptian Labor Migration
- A History of Egypt’s External Debt
- Towards a New Interpretation of Egypt’s Economy and Social Crisis • Egypt at Cross Roads
- The Soft State in Egypt
- The Dilemma of the Egyptian Infitah
- Personalities with a History
- Whatever Happened to the Egyptians?
- The Arab intellectuals and Israel
- The Globalization of Oppression
- Removing the Masks off the Theories of Economic Development
- The Age for the Defamation of Arabs and Moslems
- Mustakbaliyat In addition to the list of titles mentioned above, he has translated many books from several foreign languages into Arabic.
Contact details: Dr Galal Amin’s home telephone number: 002 02 23581816