- Born in Sharjah in 1932.
- Studied at Al Islah School and later at Al Falah School in Dubai before joining an English school in Dubai in 1947.
- In 1949, he travelled to India to study at an English school in Mumbai, where he obtained his high school certificate.
- Studied at the Kuwaiti School in Mumbai, an Arabic-speaking school that was established for Kuwaiti and Arab expats in Mumbai at the time.
- In 1958, he obtained a diploma in English language from the Higher Institute of Languages in India.
Positions Held :
- Member of the Heritage and History Committee, which was formed when the United Arab Emirates was established.
- Member of the Municipal Council in Sharjah.
- Board member of the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Award.
- Member of the Al Ahli Literary Club (currently known as Al Nasr Club), which was founded in 1945.
Founding member of the Cultural and Scientific Association.
Awards and Accolades :
- He was honored by His Highness Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah at the Sharjah International Narrators Forum in 2017.
- He was granted the ‘Cultural Personality of the Year’ Award by the Cultural and Scientific Association in 2003.
- Some of the Imran’s writings were published in “Al Diyar Al Umaniyya” journal, which was issued in Sharjah at the first half of 1964.
- On June 6, 1989, he gave a lecture, titled ‘Features of the Past in Arabian Gulf”, at the Cultural and Scientific Association.
- He is considered as one of the most prominent historians in the region and has many unpublished writings. His extensive knowledge of the genealogy, lineages and history of the region has made him a reference in these fields.
Died on April 6, 2020.