HE Dr. Mohamed Abdullah Al Mutawa, Member of the Board of Trustees of the Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation, has inaugurated the “Language of Sculpture” exhibition by artist Anas Al Alousi on Wednesday evening, January 24, 2018, at the Exhibition Hall of Al Owais Cultural Foundation. The event was attended by artists, art enthusiasts and intellectuals.
The visitors toured the exhibition, which showcased sculptures of various sizes and forms themed about the human body and different animal figures, and expressed the artist’s sculptural philosophy and ideas through his use of bronze.
At the end of the tour, Dr. Mohamed Abdullah Al Mutawa presented Al Alousi with the commemorative shield of the Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation and thanked him for his contribution, wishing him continued success in his artistic endeavors.
It is worth mentioning that Artist Anas Al Alousi was born in 1971 in Baghdad, Iraq. He graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Baghdad. He is a member of both the Iraqi Artists Association and the Iraqi Plastic Arts Society. He has participated in a number of group exhibitions and festivals in Iraq and abroad, including:
- Biennale of Contemporary Iraqi Sculpture (Azamil Exhibition) in 1999.
- The inauguration of “Fajr” and “Ufuq” exhibition halls.
- “Astrological Signs” Exhibition, Al Mizan Gallery (2000)
- Inauguration of “Silk Road” Gallery (2000)
- Exhibition of Contemporary Iraqi Art, Qatar (2001)
- Baghdad International Festival of Arts (2002)
- Inauguration of “Qibab Art Gallery”, Abu Dhabi (2006)
- Group exhibition, Ayyam Beirut Gallery (2010)
- Inauguration of Mazaj Art Gallery, Amman – Jordan (2011)
- Group exhibitions at Zamalek Art Gallery, Cairo – Egypt (since 2012 to date)
- “Iraqi Spaces” Exhibition at Sultan Bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation, Dubai (2017)
Moreover, he also held a number of solo exhibitions, including:
- “Miniature Worlds: Four Sculptors” at Al Mizan Gallery, Baghdad (1999)
- “Ab’aad” Gallery, Baghdad (2000)
- “Al Droobi” Hall, Baghdad (2002)
- Zamalek Art Gallery Exhibition at Nile Kimpinski Hotel, Cairo- Egypt (2012)
- “Imaginary Models” Exhibition at Zamalek Art Gallery, Cairo- Egypt (2015)